The Correct Use Of Ostomy Powder
The main ingredient of ostomy powder is sodium carboxymethyl cellulose, which has good absorption capacity and keeps the skin dry.
Ostomy powder is used for skin care around the stoma. It can effectively absorb excrement and reduce skin irritation. It is suitable for redness, itching and pimples. Regular use can reduce the occurrence of skin problems.
- First, thoroughly clean the stoma and the skin around the stoma to keep it clean.
- After drying the skin, evenly spray the ostomy powder on the skin covered by the chassis around the stoma. Before sticking the chassis with a dry cotton swab, clean up the unabsorbed excess floating powder with a dry cotton swab; massage in a circular motion to promote absorption. .
- The ostomy powder can protect the skin after massage to promote absorption, without the need to dry it for a long time. If you want to dry for a while before sticking to the chassis, please pay attention to avoid mucus or excrement flowing on the skin. If there is skin contamination, be sure to clean the skin again and repeat the above operation.
Although everyone is familiar with the role of ostomy powder and how to use it, I have to remind you a few points here:
- ostomy powder is not the more the better, but the right amount
- After the ostomy powder is absorbed for a few minutes, the remaining powder must be swept away, otherwise it will affect the adhesion of the chassis
- If there is a superficial ulcer around the stoma, there is no need to sweep off the used stoma powder when it remains on the ulcer. It has the effect of promoting healing.
- Before using ostomy powder, the skin must be dried!
- If there are symptoms of redness, swelling, pain, and itching in the anus, you can also use ostomy powder